Power jack repair on laptops is a very common service that we perform here. We do specialize in dc power jack replacements on laptop computers. DC Power Jack on the laptop is also known as an dc power connector, dc power socket, pin, inlet, prong, point, inlet, receptacle part, AC DC (direct current) power port, dc power input, basically it is an inside piece in the laptop where the dc power plug (tip part of your AC adapter cable) plugs into. It usually goes bad if for quite some time you had to wiggle the plug around to make the system power up or charge the battery, it also goes bad if you would accidentally drop the notebook computer from a table and it lands on a dc power plug that would push and break the inside power jack connector of your laptop. Basically, if your laptop battery is not charging anymore, you have to wiggle or jiggle the plug constantly to make the system work because the piece inside is loose, the screen flickers, then it is probably the dc power jack issue.
We charge a flat rate fee of $100 for our services, that does include everything. Labor, all parts (brand new power jack and a brand new power plug for your AC adapter if your AC adapter’s plug is faulty). The flat rate also includes the shipping back to you by UPS, and we guarantee our work by a lifetime warranty, basically if you break your dc power jack ever again we will replace it at no extra charge.
When choosing us as your service provider please keep the following facts in mind:
- We are the first company in the U.S. to offer dc jack repair service by mail in the year 2000, a decade later (2012) we still replace more dc power jacks than anybody else in the world.
- We provide a lifetime warranty (no questions asked) on all dc power jack repairs as long as you keep using your factory power adapter / charger. We were the first company to offer a lifetime warranty on dc jack replacements.
- We do work with many local school districts, school districts within the state of Illinois as well school districts outside of Illinois and yes we do accept purchase orders from schools and we do accept purchase orders from businesses and computer shops.
- We always ship the laptops back to you for free (at our expense) by UPS, regardless if we fix it or not.
- We have a no fix no charge policy, basically if after the dc jack replacement the system does not fire up then we don’t charge you anything, not even the shipping back to you.
- We specialize in power jack replacements, we don’t work on any other computer issues except power jack repairs thus we have all parts in stock at all times.
- We have three full time techs who only work on fixing dc power jacks on laptop computers that is why we can offer the fastest turnaround time. All laptops are fixed and sent out of here by the end of the next business day (at the latest) after we receive it.
- If the laptop is not out of here by the end of the next business day after we receive it then the repair is free. No other company can give you that sort of guarantee.
- We don’t fix your old jack, we simply put a brand new one instead of the old one (basically we replace it), installing brand new parts is one of the reason we can offer a lifetime warranty.
- Our price is all inclusive, there is no up selling, there are no diagnostic fees of any kind, there is no bait and switch. We make the system work at an advertised price, or you don’t pay a cent.
- Communication is extremely important for our clients, so if you ever call us, we WILL pick up the phone and try to resolve whatever issue you might have.
If you decide to use our services please pack your laptops very well, please include your AC power adapter with the package, feel free to remove and keep the hard drive, write a note about who and where to send the laptop back, put down your email address so that UPS would send you a tracking number, write out a personal or business check in the amount of $100 made out to Applicasoft, and ship your package to:
710 MILL CIRCLE #107
WHEELING, IL 60090
For Chicago clients we are located 25 minutes north of downtown of Chicago. We are open 10 a.m. till 4 p.m. Monday-Friday, if you are in the area then simply come on in and your computer won’t take more than an hours and a half to fix. The only acceptable payment for walk in clients is cash after the repair is complete.
With any questions feel free to call (847) 529 9441 seven days a week or email.
Shipping is usually most affordable if you package up your laptop yourself, and bring it to UPS or FedEx facility. UPS or Fedex should not charge you more than $15 to ship it by ground service to us. USPS will charge you much more than UPS or Fedex for laptop because they charge extra for the size of the box where UPS and Fedex do not charge as much. Please do not try to fit a laptop into one of these “flat rate” USPS boxes, it won’t come to us in one peice. We always pay for the shipping of the laptop back to you.
For pictures of jobs completed please visit our Facebook page: http://facebook.com/powerjackrepair